45 South Main Street, Room #101
Fax: ( 203) 294-2003
Office Hours: Mon thru Fri, 9 am - 5 pm
Assessor: Shelby Jackson
Chief Appraiser: Kevin Coons
The Assessor's Office is responsible for each of the following:
1. Establish the assessed value of all real estate, taxable business equipment (Personal Property) and
registered motor vehicles within the Town for property tax purposes.
2. Determine property ownership and annually compiles and maintains the Town's Grand List.
3. Assist taxpayers with all functions of the assessment and exemption process.
4. Conduct periodic revaluation projects.
5. Manage and process the declaration of personal property returns for all businesses in Town.
6. Administer tax relief programs such as:
- Blind exemption
- Dairy farm and fruit orchard abatements
- Elderly and Totally Disabled Homeowners Tax Relief Program
- Farm building and farm machinery exemptions
- Farm and forest land exemptions
- Manufacturing machinery and equipment exemptions
- New commercial truck exemptions
- Personal Property
- Real property tax incentives:
- Tax Deferrals for Elderly & Totally Disabled:
- Veterans exemptions - active duty and honorably discharged veterans-residents:
7. Provide for access and copying of the following public records by visiting the Assessor's Office:
- Grant List abstracts for real estate, personal property, and registered motor vehicles
- Real estate property record cards
- Records of real estate sales transactions
- Tax parcel maps
8. Online databases:
9. Provide clerical and administrative support to the Board of Assessment Appeals.
10. Miscellaneous Forms:
| | Share