45 South Main Street, Room #101
Fax: ( 203) 294-2003
Office Hours: Mon thru Fri, 9 am - 5 pm
Assessor: Shelby Jackson
Chief Appraiser: Kevin Coons
CT OPM notice re: Executive Order 7S concerning extension of deadlines for assessment-related filings, issued April 1, 2020
Governor Lamont's Executive Order 7S
The Assessor's Office is responsible for each of the following:
1. Assess the value of real estate, personal property (business assets) and motor vehicle.
- Sold, donated, traded in, totaled vehicles
2. Compile and maintain the Town's Grand List.
- Revaluation projects
- Last Revaluation: 2015
- Next Revaluation: 2020
3. Elderly and Totally Disabled Homeowners Tax Relief Program
- Homeowners discount program
- Homeowners Tax Deferral Program
- Homeowners Additional Tax Deferral Program
4. Assist taxpayers with exemptions.
- Blind exemption
- Dairy farm and fruit orchard abatements
- Farm building and farm machinery exemptions
- Farm and forest land exemptions
- Manufacturing machinery and equipment exemptions
- New commercial truck exemptions
- Veterans exemptions - active duty and honorably discharged veterans-residents:
5. Real Property Tax Incentives
6. Process Declarations of Personal Property for all businesses.
7. Public records available in the Assessor's Office:
- List abstracts for real estate, personal property, and motor vehicles
- Real estate property cards
- Records of real estate sales transactions
- Tax parcel maps
8. Online databases for industrial/commercial properties (Please note: Residential properties do not have an online
database. Please contact the office):
9. Renters Rebate Program
10. Forms and Applications:
11. Provide clerical and administrative support to the Board of Assessment Appeals.
| | Share