Energy Saving Tips - Residential
Wallingford Electric Division
The Electric Division of the Wallingford Department of Public Utilities offers these programs and suggestions to help you
reduce your electric costs.
The Electric Division provides:
- Reduced prices to help you switch from light emitting diode lamps (LEDs). Pricing at various Wallingford retail locations is subsidized through a program offered by the Wallingford Electric Division..
- Home Energy Savings (HES) Program provides access to high quality energy use evaluations along with meaningful energy saving measures.
Your efforts also help:
- Replace incandescent and compact fluorescent light lamps with LED lamps.
- Lower thermostats in winter to 68 degrees. Set thermostats at 78 degrees in summer and leave fan on “auto.”
- Adjust thermostats at night and when away from home.
- Repair air leaks in walls, windows, ductwork, and insulation.
- Use Energy Star® appliances that are more efficient and use less energy.
- Run dishwashers only when full (and don’t pre-wash dishes); use “air-dry” feature.
- Run clothes washers at correct water level for the amount of clothes. Use cold or warm water instead of hot water.
- Lower water heater temperature.
- Turn off or dispose of unused extra refrigerators.
- Use ceiling fans instead of air conditioning equipment.
| | Share