Fire Prevention Bureau
75 Masonic Avenue
Fax: (203) 294-2736
Business Office Hours: Mon thru Fri, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Fire Marshal: Michael Gudelski
Deputy Fire Marshals: Brian Schock and Shachar Baitch
- Investigate the origin and cause of fires and explosions within the Town.
- Conduct inspections as governed by the Connecticut Fire Safety Code and Fire Prevention Code, and enforce hazardous materials notification laws:
- All occupancies, outdoor amusements, facilities of public service and buildings as governed by the Fire Safety Code.
- Issue permits for blasting agents and controlled open burning (Open Burning Ordinance).
- Approve permits for use of fireworks and special effects.
- Conduct building, site and protection systems plan reviews to determine compliance with codes, regulations and ordinances.
- Provide public education, juvenile fire setter and safety programs.
- Provide assistance to the general public whenever requested and applicable.
Fire safety information is available at the National Fire Protection Association web site.
Red Cross FREE Smoke Alarm Installation -- Please visit the Red Cross website for more information.
REQUIRED SITE PLAN and INSPECTION INFORMATION FOR FIRE PROTECTION
UNDERGROUND STORAGE TANK REMOVAL
| | Share