Parks & Recreation Department
avid Doherty Municipal Building
6 Fairfield Boulevard
Fax: (203) 294-2127
Office Hours: Mon thru Sun, 9 am - 5 pm - Facility is open daily at 8:30 am
Front Office Hours for Registrations: Mon thru Sun, 9 am to 10 pm
Summer Hours: Sat, 8:30 am - 5 pm - Closed Sundays
Director: John Gawlak, CPRP
Superintendent of Recreation: Michelle Bjorkman, MS
Recreation Programs Specialist: Ken Michaels, MS
1. There are over 700 program offerings annually:
- Youth Programs - Lil Rec'ers/Terrific Twosies (Nursery School); Sports (Basketball, Challenger Sports, Dance, Gymnastics, Ice Skating, Karate, Ski Bums, Sky Hawks, Swimming Lessons, Tennis and Volleyball); A.S.A.P. (after-school art programs); Adaptive Programs (swim, yoga, gymnastics, skate and more).
- Adult Programs such as dog training, dance, fencing, health fitness, ice skating, karate and painting; Leagues (Basketball, Softball, Sr. Men's Softball and Volleyball). Morning childcare provided.
- Trips to favorite places - Boston Red Sox, New York Yankees, One World Observatory, New England areas, Radio City, Saratoga and others.
- Seasonal Special Events
- Easter Egg Hunt, Twilight Tunes, Celebrate Wallingford, A Goblin Gathering, Holiday Stroll and more.
- Brochures mailed three times a year (Spring, Summer and Fall)
- Summer Programs - Tiny Bubbles/Pop Shots (ages 3-6); Playground Camp (ages 6-11); Summer Sizzlers (ages 12-15); A.S.A.P. (fine, performing and visual arts); STEM; LEGO; basketball; volleyball; karate; soccer; and football camps
- Rooms: Art and Party Place Parties with a Facilitator, gym tournaments, party rooms
- Park Pavilion: Community Lake, Community Pool, Doolittle, Lufbury, Marcus Cooke and Pragemann)
- Other park amenities: 18-hole disc golf, ball fields, Community Garden plots, tennis courts and volleyball court
3. Community Pool for residents and guests: purchased photo pool tags required for alll.
4. Oversees 2,000 acres of open space land, parks and ball fields.
5. Parks are open from sunrise to sunset.
6. Parks: Bertini Park, Carini Field, Community Lake Park, Coyle Field, Darlene Falconeri Westside Field, Dog Park,
Doolittle Park, Dutton Park, Grand Street Park, Harriet Wallace Park, Harrison Park, Johanna Manfreda Fishbein Park,
Kendrick Park, Lufbery Park, Marcus Cooke Park, Pire Park, Pragemann Park, Richard Sheehan Park, Stanley Budleski Park,
Vietnam Veterans Memorial Field, and Wallace Park
Spring 2017 Activities Guide
Winter 2017 Health & Fitness Brochure
Winter Health & Fitness Calendar
West Nile Virus Precautions
Fact Sheet for Parents on the ABCs of Concussions
Activity Registration Form
IMPORTANT Announcement for Residents/Patrons and customer information form
Wallingford Regional MTB Team Flyer
Note: The Town of Wallingford is not licensed with the Office of Early Childhood and is not required to do so.
| | Share