Planning & Zoning
45 South Main Street, Room #G-40
Fax: (203) 294-2095
Town Planner's Public Hours: Zoning Enf. Officer's Office Hours:
Mon & Wed: 9 am - 11 am Mon thru Wed: 9 am - 4:00 pm
Tue & Thur: 2 pm - 4:45 pm Thur: Off
Fri: 10 am - 1 pm Fri: Off
Town Planner: Kacie Hand
Zoning Enforcement Officer: Amy Torre
- Review all development proposals and advise Planning and Zoning Commission if proposals submitted to them comply with Town regulations.
- Coordinate application review with pertinent Town Departments.
- Answer questions from residents, businesses, consultants, and developers pertaining to land use regulations within the Town.
- Advise Planning and Zoning Commission on changes to zoning and subdivision regulation and zoning district boundaries.
- Work with various state agencies in the review of local development projects, including the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection and the Department of Transportation.
- Respond to complaints about zoning violations.
- Enforce sedimentation and erosion control regulations.
- Serve as floodplain coordinator for the Town.
- Provide staff assistance to the Planning & Zoning Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals.
- Works, as needed, with the Economic Development Specialist on business recruitment.
- Prepares plans (Plan of Development, Transit Oriented Development, parking) as needed.
Plan of Conservation and Development 2016-2026 (adopted June 13, 2016).
Additional information available on the POCD page.
Final Transit Oriented Development (TOD) documents:
Wallingford Transit Oriented Development Plan - accepted July 25, 2016
Market Assessment, Wallingford TOD Potential - accepted July 25, 2016
- Enforce sign regulations.
- U.S. Census Liaison.
- Organization, maintenance and archiving of all Planning & Zoning Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals records, files and maps.
- Provide staff assistance to the Aquifer Protection Agency.
Planning & Zoning Commission/Zoning Board of Appeals Application Forms and current Fee Schedule:
Click on the link to connect to the New Haven-Hartford-Springfield Rail Program.
Stormwater And You
| | Share