Veterans Service Center
45 South Main Street, Room #213
Tel: (203) 294-2165
Fax: (203) 294-2137
Veteran Services Officer: George Messier
- Part-time hours:
- Monday 9 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Tuesday 9 a.m. - 12 noon
- Wednesday 9 a.m. - 12 noon
- Thursday 9 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Friday Closed
- Provide information to all Wallingford and Meriden residents who are eligible for veterans
benefits and refer them to proper agencies, as needed.
- Assist veterans, widows, dependent parents, dependent children and orphans by
completing applications to obtain federal and state benefits.
- Federal benefits: Click here for additional federal information
- Applications for:
- burial allowance, headstones/foot markers
- compensation (service-connected disabilities)
- G.I. school, home loans and insurance
- obtain discharge documents, service records, awards/medals
- pension (non-service connected disability benefits
- V.A. hospital treatment
- Outreach - mailings to local veterans' organizations with updates from the VA Regional Office in Newington on veteran benefits.
- State benefits: Click here for additional state information
- admittance to the Veterans Home and Hospital located in Rocky Hill
- assistance through the State Soldiers', Sailors' and Marines' Fund
- burial in the State Veterans Cemetery in Middletown
- payment of cost to install federal grave-markers in private cemeteries
- the $600 educational assistance for children of servicemen killed in action or totally disabled
4. Available for group presentations
| | Share